Monday, October 3, 2011

Counting Down

In 10 weeks I am due to have a baby. To be a mom, a family of three, to be surrounded by drool and poop. I absolutely cannot believe it.

CANNOT. BELIEVE. IT.

This is exactly what I want. What we want. It's exactly what I knew was coming for the past 30 weeks. But how it got to be only 10 weeks away is completely beyond me.

I'm tempted to totally live up my last few days as an independent woman. I should be bar-hopping, shopping recklessly, staying up til 2am and then sleeping until noon. Haha, just realized that's what I did in my early 20's. Check that off the list! Besides, none of that sounds appealing at all. Instead, I want to relax on the couch, obsess about baby names, and plan thrilling weekend activities such as "research cloth diapers" and "picnic with Bryan."

10 weeks. I am happy to meet this baby but right now I hope those 10 weeks pass as slowly as possible.

3 comments:

  1. 10 weeks!! In my experience, the next 4 go very quickly and the 4 after that go very slowly. I've never made it to my due date, so I dont know what the last two are all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with the last comment, except I had an extra week to think about it! Enjoy these last months of "freedom" as little Baby J will change your life in more ways that you can comprehend! yay :)

    ReplyDelete