Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Making Memories

As Ellis grows quickly and continues to make me laugh out loud, I'm going to try to use this space to record the little moments so they don't fade away with time.

This morning he was in his room while I was in the bathroom drying my hair. As he does with anything that's long or has a cord (belt, ribbon, hairdryer) he grabbed the camera part of his video monitor and started pulling it around the room. It was plugged into the wall behind his dresser so I wasn't worried he could hurt it or himself. I heard him crying a few minutes later - a scared, rather than hurt cry - and I found him completely trapped by his own work. He'd wound the cord around his ankle and couldn't undo it. "uhp! uhp!" His plea for help as a he asked for me help. I couldn't help laughing which made him mad. He acted like he was going to hit me so I quickly showed him how to hit the chair when he's mad. And then showed him how to hit his stuffed monkey. He was in hysterical giggles over hitting the monkey. And then gave it a hug when he was done.

Fair warning: I'm also going to try to make this blog private so I can post pictures of Ellis without worrying about the creeps of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Jenni-When visiting with friend in HI recently, they showed us the Digital Scrapbook they are doing for their first Grandchild. It was done from one of the on line scrapbooking sites, but I was impressed with how vivid the colors etc were. There were a lot of design options and she feels it really takes less time than the traditional scrapbooking method. What I really liked were the opportunities she took to describe each milestone, outing etc. All preserved in a format that won't fade or deteriorate:-) Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete