When I walk through a web, which happens nearly every day, I simply brush it off me. This morning I reached up to put a rubber band in my hair and noticed a spider hanging from a web strand, from my sweater. I calmly removed it and it's web from my sleeve and went on with my day. Go me! Way to be mature about the spiders!
An hour or so later I wandered into the backyard to pick peas and raspberries. Spiders still didn't bother me, little black bugs just got flicked away. And then I encountered these guys:

Ohmygod. What are they?! They freaked me out and I slowly stepped away. Truth be told, they're sort of haunting me. So much so that I Googled them. They look bad, very bad.
Now I'm a bit intimidated to go pick more berries. And I'm really concerned for our sublet-ors to have these nasty bugs in their beautiful garden.
Time to call the state agriculture officials to eradicate the berry eating stink bug!! Ewww is right - they are a bit creepy.
ReplyDelete