Monday, November 22, 2010

Bring on the Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving week to you! We've just made plans to travel to Bend to have Thanksgiving with a wonderfully warm and friendly friend from San Francisco. It will be frigidly cold (but sunny) in Bend and we are so excited to see a new part of the state and see snow!

I am a true believer in giving each holiday its own season for celebrating. I secretly love the Christmas music that has started at the malls but I would NEVER put out my own decoration until after Thanksgiving. Like so many others, come Friday Christmas will be on my mind (once I figure out what to do with our pumpkins!).

I am particularly thrilled for this holiday season for a few reasons:

- Cute house to decorate!
- Snow!
- Going to family and hosting family!

When in Bend I hope to capture a picture of Bryan and I in the snow. Since moving from Hawaii, nothing would better acknowledge the significance of the change in our life than SNOW when so many of our friends will celebrate in bikinis.

So one of my first holiday to-do items will be to choose our holiday photo cards. I like to pressure Bryan to design them for us - since he is so talented and really can do it. But, honestly, it's so much easier to just order them online. Bryan is not offended, he's relieved!

These are a few of my favorites from Shuttefly:





You can choose your favorite here.

And while you're looking...how awesome are these gift tags? I think these are a must for folks that like to give homemade cookies. Yum!



Shutterfly also has a tons of other great things, perfect gifts. I already know what I'm getting Bryan but if one falls through I'd like to get him a canvas print of a meaningful Hawaii photo.

So excited for the holidays come Friday!

psssst! Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… learn more: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

1 comment: