Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kismet, Portland Style

About a month ago Bryan and I headed out to see some live music. We didn't know who we would see, we'd never been to the venue. We pretty much just needed to get out of the house. It turned into a really nice evening and we loved the performers we saw. In particular, one guy named Lincoln Crockett blew us away.

Just about the same time, Bryan started taking guitar lessons at a place not far from our *old* house. He enjoyed it but wasn't thrilled by his teacher. A few weeks ago he learned his teacher is packing and moving out of Portland to wander and pursue other adventures.

The music lesson place suggested he transfer to another instructor.... to Lincoln Crockett! When he told me the news we were both star-struck. I think we both have a little crush on Mr. Crockett.

I like to think it's Portland's way of reaching out a steady hand as we walked along a bumpy path.

No comments:

Post a Comment