Dear Portland,
I didn't think it would come to this but I'm just going to lay it all out... you're really letting me down lately.
I never wanted to fall into the cliche but WHAT is going on with this CRAP WEATHER? Weather is charming in the fall when the wind picks up and the temperature drops at night. The bone-chilling temperatures near Christmas felt seasonal. I appreciated the snow on the mountains when we were solidly in winter. Rain was tolerable when spring flowers started to blossom.
I don't want to be a bitch. Maybe you have personal stuff going on? It's really none of my business. Except for this... if you don't start to make it up to me, I'm going to stop singing your praises. I'm going to daydream about California living - even if it does mean I'll never be a homeowner.
Let's just hope you really deliver a killer summer. Then we can put this whole situation behind us, mmmkay?
I am OK with you dreaming about California living :)
ReplyDeleteThis year has been worse than normal...I promise...trust me:-) The summers here almost make the rest of the year worthwhile!
ReplyDeleteI am SO WITH YOU! If someone asked me a month ago about the OR weather, I would have responded "Eh, it's not as bad as everyone says, but it's no California". Today...I respond: "It sucks. It's dreary, the rain is never-ending, it's still winter, in MAY, and last night we talked about where else to live". I'm hoping for a great summer so Oregon can redeem herself to me/us. And I've learned that for next year, we need to vacation somewhere SUNNY in April, or else the winter is just too freaking long.
ReplyDelete