Friday, July 8, 2011

How Does My Garden Grow?

I'm taking baby steps into this whole gardening adventure, just a few pots here and there. I don't fertilize. I just plant and water. And guess what? It's working!



Mint that has hung on since last September, through snow, frost, and rain. Go mint!


Lettuce and onions.


Artichoke. This is a wild card, we'll see how it does. It's not a pretty plant but it sure is a yummy fruit!


Tomatoes! Tomatoes! I am growing tomatoes! This makes me feel like a true gardener. Two kinds! So far no fruit but the plants seem very happy.



Strawberries. See that little guy growing red? Since I took this picture he's had a few buddies join him.

When we moved into this house all of the plants were half-dead from summer. I trimmed back a few obvious weeds but didn't get too crazy because I didn't want to cut something that would turn out to be good. Bonus additions that required no up-front work from me:





Rosemary.




Raspberries! This is such an ugly picture because it is truly an ugly plant. But I get to enjoy about five fresh berries a week. I'm hoping if I treat it with love it will deliver the goods!




Roses.



Lavender.

1 comment:

  1. Go Mojitos! Oh, not for you though! Lavender lemonade for you.

    ReplyDelete