Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Heart PDX

I spent this last weekend in Santa Barbara with some of my closest friends. It was an incredible weekend and the sunshine and beaches of Southern California only made it better (although driving through LA must have aged me 10 years). I oohed and ahhed over the sand on the beach, the paddlers on the water. The sun was glorious and the winding roads through the dry hills seemed so familiar. I miss California.

I flew home Sunday night. Our plane dipped below the clouds and I saw Mt. Hood capped in snow, a green quilt of lush farmland, trees and yards. It was cloudy and grey. And without even realizing this was at all in my heart I thought, "I love Portland."

Sunshine and beaches can't be beat. But then neither can lush greenery and rivers.

Any when Portland pulls out the sunshine. Well, game over.



This is my neighbor reading a book from the window of her bedroom. I think it perfectly summarizes a good day in Portland.

1 comment: