Thursday, August 12, 2010

Keeping Portland Weird

Just minutes ago Bryan was outside fiddling with our sprinkler on the front lawn. All of the sudden I hear a booming voice, "Can I show you a great trick?" And I pop up to see who has visited our house. One quick glance and I know enough to make myself scare. This was not someone we know. Not someone we would normally invite to our house. He was WEIRD. Sunglasses, gloves, a vest maybe? Anyhow he was intent to show Bryan how to better organize the sprinklers. Why? I have no idea. Maybe he's a garden enthusiast. Maybe he's adamant about conserving water. Likely he's just WEIRD.

He aggressively walks up our driveway towards sprinkler central. I hear Bryan repeatedly telling the guy not to touch the sprinklers, explaining that we rent and are not in control of the garden, and that he's really not all that comfortable with the guy in our yard. WEIRD guy just responds with "I'll show you," and "remember how it was set and you can put it back."

I hid in the bathroom and giggled. I could tell Bryan was getting incredibly irritated but what help would I be?

Here's the kicker... the guy left with Bryan's half-drank beer. Hahaha... I can't handle it! WEIRD guy felt that his "help" was worth a beer. So when Bryan didn't offer him one, WEIRDO started insisting it wasn't cool to have a beer outside if you weren't going to share it. Bryan really wanted the guy off our property so gave him the beer and hoped he'd leave fast.

Haha, too insane. Understandably, Bryan doesn't think this is all as funny as I do. I have to laugh in secret.

2 comments:

  1. And I am laughing out loud.....sorry Bryan......Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. Funniest thing I've heard all week. Sorry Bryan. He'll laugh about this once an even weirder guy comes in your yard and takes a full beer!

    ReplyDelete