Wednesday, May 11, 2011

S-T-R-E-T-C-H... Yaaawwnnnnnn.... Is the sun out? No? Either way, I figured it's time I come out of blog hibernation.

Whattaya say we catch up on the last few months and try get this blog going in a more entertaining direction?

In the past few months we moved (pain in the ass), the sun actually did come out, I rejoiced in the blooms of my tulips as if I was the only person on earth to have ever created such beauty.



We had three separate Jayne family visits within one month (house guests are the perfect incentive to unpack and hide the boxes!). Bryan's parents arrived during our most recent sunny weekend. We toured a mansion, enjoyed the sun, and BBQ'd two dinners in a row.



We also took a long weekend trip to San Diego. I declared it too hot and dry (why is everything so brown?) but that's also what started my passive aggressive rant to Oregon weather. I sat outside every day on my parents' deck. I also forgot all the wisdom I gained in Hawaii and I promptly got a sunburn. We went to the beach and the Wild Animal Park. And Bryan dreamed of living at my parents' house all the time because it's like a B&B where coffee and breakfast is made as soon as you wake up.




Is somewhat related news, we do have pockets of sunshine and warmth. Portland has a bizarre weather pattern that I need to study better - - the high temperatures of the day happen around 3pm. The sun comes out stronger and warmer as the day approaches 7pm. Yesterday Bryan sat on our porch and played guitar while I gabbed on the phone.

I have worn sandals and open toed shoes. But I haven't yet left the house without a coat. I am willing to accept it as a first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment