Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Little Man


This wonderful, perfect, precious person has tiny little hands that have the biggest hold on my heart.

Look at him! Just look at him. I can't take my eyes off him.

I honestly had no idea that my love for him would feel like this. I was certain I'd love my baby. But I thought it might feel like the love for a very best friend, or for my very best friend's baby. I certainly love them. But this is more. This is a true physical-connection love.

I know nearly all of you who read this are moms and are thinking to yourself "now she knows." Fair enough, now I know. I didn't know before. You always knew before me. You were right!

Look at him again! He's heaven.


Today I spent nearly an hour slowly sticking my tongue out of my mouth with an exagerrated expression because Ellis was mesmerized by it and tried to mimic me. He knows me! I make him smile! He wants to do what I do!

Man, I love him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenni! He is the cutest, most adorable baby. So happy to read how much joy and love he has brought your lives. Enjoy every moment! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Thanks for sharing, it's so nice to be reminded of that special time. Believe it or not, it's just as amazing with each child. Enjoy every second, it goes all too quickly:-)

    ReplyDelete