Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas

I am done with work in about 15 minutes, and then on vacation until January. Therefore, for me, Christmas starts NOW!

Everyone has their own Christmas traditions. One in my family is that we head to tea at a fancy hotel. It's not just about the tea. It's the silliness that happens. We pose for pictures on fancy furniture, hide china in plants, and make random bets.

One Christmas, many years ago, my brother bet me that there weren't more than 100 Christmas songs. We started checking them off our fingers until we couldn't remember how many we'd counted. All through tea, through family pictures, on the ride home, as we sat around the house, especially during church as I flipped through the hymnal, I added Christmas songs to my list.

We eventually tired of it and no one won the bet.

I'm reminded of this as I've had Pandora's Christmas station going nonstop.

I hope your Christmas is filled with smiles, songs, and memories to last for years.

2 comments: