There are two thing about Oregon that really drive me crazy.
1. We cannot pump our own gas.
2. You have to buy liquor at a liquor store.
Boo! Booo! Boo on Oregon!
I am fully capable of pumping my own gas. I have never done it incorrectly and I am very speedy at it. Waiting for the gas attendant to run to our car, take our order, start our gas, run to another car, see our gas finish, run to yet another car, and then finally come to use to remove the nozzle so we can go really irks me.
Clearly I have been very spoiled living the majority of my life in California and Hawaii. We can booze it up any time we like and it's as easy as dropping by the grocery store. Granted, Colorado has even weirder liquor laws than Oregon, so I won't complain too much. But I will say this... the liquor store makes me sad - what with its barred windows and shady clientele. And that sadness almost put a damper on my Baileys hot chocolate!
I'm going to admit being a convert of sorts...last Friday (in the POURING rain), my car gas light was on....and as I sat in my heated car and someone else pumped my gas (for less $ than I paid for no service in CA), I was happy to have full service, even if it's forced on me.
ReplyDelete