Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Portland Christmas

Twinkling white lights, hot cocoa, classic Christmas carols...all make you smile and get you into the seasonal spirit, right?

Well here's another seasonal icon to add to the list:



Christmas trees delivered by bike! Only in Portland, I'd imagine. Our office tree arrived this way and I am smitten!

If Bryan and I didn't enjoy cutting down our own tree so much, I just might consider this. Oh, you didn't hear me? We CUT down our OWN TREE with a SAW! When you consider the last Christmas tree we had came from a refirgerated truck bed in the parking lot of a grocery store in Hawaii, this is a very novel experience.

Last Saturday we journeyed just to the outskirts of town a bit, to Sauvie Island - home to farms of all kinds! There we jumped out of the car, approached the tree farm employee and then admitted we were complete newbies. No worries. It's as simple as this:
1. Walk through trees
2. Find the style of tree you like
3. Debate, debate, debate about whether that tree is better than this tree
4. Settle on one perfect tree
5. Take photos
6. Cut tree
7. Carry tree to car
8. Load tree in or on car (be sure not to shatter your back window like we saw some poor folks do!)





Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love your tree and that you are a true Portlander in your rain boots. I've decided they are the 'must have' fashion item here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh, I love my boots! I bought them three years ago and felt like a fool never wearing them but once in Hawaii. Now I'm a genius for thinking ahead ;)

    ReplyDelete